Light & Darkness
"This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." 1 John 1:5-7
This week, I started a word study on 1 John. This little two and a half page book is blowing me away. The truths about God, Christ, and the anointing of the Holy Spirit are going straight to my core and dispelling lies and uncertainties that I've carried.
Here are just a few of the truths, only the icing on the cake; things that I could chew on and think about for days, weeks, years:
- "...we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world." 2:1-2
- "But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did." 2:5-6
- "The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever." 2:17
- "As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him." 2:27
- "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." 3:18
-"And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us." 3:23-24
Every sentence pours out the realities of God's love for us, our lives in Christ, and the significance of the Spirit's presence in us. I pray that it soaks in and permeates my heart.
Oh, and happy March! I'm really looking forward to Springtime!