On Valentine's Day, my sister and I took a day trip to North Georgia to explore and hike a little bit. I had the day off of work, my love was ice fishing in Minnesota, and I hadn't had much one-on-one time with Court lately so it worked out perfectly! We drove an hour and a half north, stopping for a coffee break on the way to talk and to check out a new coffee shop.
The snow that remained from the latest winter storm made the scenery on the drive up even more beautiful! It also kept most people from venturing out to the state park and we had the place to ourselves most of the time. The path up to the falls was still icy and slippery in some places and we had fun trying not to slip as we slowly made our way up.
After hiking, we stopped for an early dinner at a tasty little burger joint in Dahlonega before heading up to watch the sunset. It was cloudy so the view of the sunset was minimal but the view of the snow covered mountains was gorgeous. Snow in the South is such a rare occurrence and I'm glad that Courtney and I took a day to drive up and adventure through it a little bit!
It was also sweet to be able to spend a good amount of time with my sister. Our schedules don't often match up with work, school, and a thirty minute drive between us. I'm thankful that we had a day to ourselves!
Round two of the Atlanta snowstorms is starting to wrap up. The snow and sleet that fell over the last few nights is melting and sliding off of the roof in big bunches. Two days of snow meant two days of no work and I didn't mind it a bit. Eddie worked from home and our housemates were home for the most part, as well.
A few highlights from our days stuck in the house:
- Tackling my to-do lists rather than going to work.
- Reading a few books that I'm trying to finish.
- Watching the Winter Olympics.
- Tea and coffee for two days straight.
- Impromptu movie night with my love.
- We have a beautiful view of a handful of huge trees from our bedroom window and every naked branch was lined with snow this morning.
- Eddie woke me up this morning with a warm chocolate croissant and a cup of milk. He got up before he had to work to loves me
- Seeing Eddie throughout the day. I love having him home!
- Hanging with our roommates. Pizza night tonight!