- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 black cardamom pods, crushed
- 1/16 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Lapsang Souchong
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
1, Heat water and milk over medium heat until simmering.
2. Remove from heat and add the cinnamon stick, cloves, ginger, and cardamom pods. Cover and steep for 20 minutes.
3. Return mixture to medium heat until simmering, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
4. Add tea, stir, and steep for 5 minutes.
5. Strain chai and add maple syrup to taste.
Make a batch, grab a friend, and enjoy the season!